Download the Children’s Birthday Party Booking Form (PDF)
A children’s birthday party at Stafford Castle is both entertaining and educational! The children can choose to come in fancy dress and are also welcome to try on our dressing up clothes including Knight’s tabards and girl’s medieval dresses.
During the party the children will be taken outside, weather permitting to view the site and visit the castle keep, a short walk from the visitor centre. Once at the keep the children will take part in a treasure hunt and will have a Knighting Ceremony for the birthday child.
After marching down the hill to the visitor centre the children can then partake of their banquet (supplied by parents). A CD player is available if music is required or for use with party games.
Prices and Booking
Parties usually take place at weekends and can be booked during the following opening times: 11.30am – 1.00pm or 2.00pm – 3.30pm at a cost of £70.
The fee must be paid at the time of booking – please call before you book to make sure that the day you want is free! Cheques should be made payable to Stafford Borough Council and you can book either by completing a booking form (pdf 76kb) and returning it to Stafford Castle (with your cheque) or calling the Visitor Centre on 01785 257698.
The maximum number in a party is 20 children and 10 adults. Parents are to provide tablecloths, paper plates, cups, refreshments and the birthday cake. The Visitor Centre will provide trestle tables and benches.
The Birthday child will be given a small gift from the Visitor Centre!
Terms and Conditions
- The centre will be available 15 minutes before the start of the party and 15 minutes after in order to set up and dismantle. Please note that there are no kitchen facilities for use.
- The Castle guides will not be responsible for the supervision of the children. The hirer will be in charge at all times.
- Please discuss ideas for party games with staff.
- Alcohol is strictly forbidden.
- All hirers must leave the visitor centre in a neat and tidy condition and will be responsible for any damage caused to the centre during the hire period.
- If the hirer cancels the booking up to one month prior to the date of the booking a full refund less 20% will be made to cover administration costs. If cancellation occurs less than one month prior to the booking date no refund will be given.
- The Management reserves the right to cancel all facilities without assigning reasons for such cancellation. In such circumstances a full refund will be given.